Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 11 of my 30-Day Blogging Challenge for teachers from teachthought.com

Here is the link to the site with the 30-day challenge. 

http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/

Day 11: What is your favorite part of the school day and why? 

This has changed for me over the past year. In fact, this has changed drastically for me over the past 10 years. My favorite part of the school day used to be when it was over. In my first few years, I just wanted to make it through the day alive and still employed. 

However, my last few years of teaching I actually couldn't wait for class to begin. I learned to love the chaos that ensues from the time the bell rings, to getting everyone organized and working. 

Now in my technology facilitator position I can't say that I have a favorite part because every day is so different. Getting the chance to get into classrooms and work 1:1 with other teachers has offered me an outlet that allows me to feel rewarded at the end of the day. So, I can't say that there is one part of the day that I definitely look forward to, but I will admit that there really isn't a better feeling than working with a teacher on implementing technology into their classroom and watching them run with it in a direction that I never dreamed of. Hopefully I will continue to impact the teachers here at Buffalo Grove and continue to work on enhancing our 21st century learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment