Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 9 of my 30-Day Blogging Challenge for teachers from teachthought.com

Here is the link to the site with the 30-day challenge. 

http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/

Day 9: Write about what one of your greatest accomplishments that no one knows about (or may not care). 


As a teacher I would have to say that one of my greatest accomplishments was just my ability sustain my energy and "turn-it-on" once I came into the classroom. I wish I could say that I had ONE DEFINING MONENT that really exemplified my career; however I think, as teachers, our school years are so full of those moments that we don't even keep track after a little while. Every kid, class and year seem to blend together. 

I sometimes wonder how former students remember me; and to be honest, I hope that it has nothing to do with curriculum. Now, I DO NOT want to be remembered as a "dolt" in the classroom. I still want to be known as an educated teacher who pushed his students to be successful; but overall I want to be remembered as a teacher who was always excited to be in class, made each day enjoyable and cared about kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment