Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 8 of my 30-Day Blogging Challenge for teachers from teachthought.com

Here is the link to the site with the 30-day challenge. 

http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/

Day 8: What is in your desk drawer? What can you infer from those contents? 

This will probably be a short post; but I love this question, because I feel that the contents of my desk drawers have actually dwindled over the years, and I don't think that much could be inferred from digging around. I remember running out of space after my first 3-4 years because of all the copies of old tests, quizzes and homework assignments that I kept filed away for a rainy day. 

However, as I slowly transferred over to the digital world, my drawers became more of a place to keep "junk" rather than files. 

One drawer has some breakfast bars and a Mio, while the other one just has a tennis ball in it. If someone who didn't know me they would probably infer that I am a pretty lazy educator and don't do much. However, I really have become so invested in the digital world, the "clutter" around my desk has lessened and seemingly made my life easier. 

That being said my GoogleDocs are a whole other story. Quite a bit could be inferred from looking there. I have everything from wedding photos, AP Lit tests and Football practice plans from 2007 to Google Forms and funny articles I want to save. 

My desk could disappear tomorrow and I would be fine, but if I lose my Docs to the World Wide Internets (inside joke), I would be like the puppy who lost its way. (Yes...a Happy Gilmore Reference). 

What is in your desk, and what does that infer about you? I would be interested to know. Comment on my post if you want to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment