Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 27 of my 30-Day Blogging Challenge for teachers from teachthought.com

Here is the link to the site with the 30-day challenge. 
http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/

Day 27


What role do weekends and holidays play in your teaching?

So I need to be brutally honest on this one. I used to do a great job turning myself off for the weekends. Friday night was a time to go out, enjoy my friends and turn off my brain for a little while. Basically, I didn't have to act like a "teacher" on the weekends. I got to act like the 25 year old kid that I was.

However, the more connected we have become (iPads, cell phones with emails) I have found it harder and harder to turn myself off for the weekend.

I used to not not even consider checking my email over the weekend. I would merely handle everything when I came back in on Monday morning. However, I feel that now it is almost impossible, especially being the Technology Facilitator for my school.

I have tried turning off the email on my phone, and separating it, but I can always count on at least 1-2 teachers a weekend to call me at home or text me asking for help.

Some of that is my fault as I have made myself incredibly accessible, but I would say that has been one of my biggest faults as a first year Tech Coach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment