Friday, September 19, 2014

Day 5 of my 30-Day Blogging Challenge for teachers from teachthought.com

Here is the link to the site with the 30-day challenge. 
http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/

Day 5. Take a picture of your classroom and describe what you see-----any describe what you don't see that you would like to. 


Since I do not have a classroom of my own, I walked around the school to see what I could find. Although this picture dos not do the teacher justice, this classroom was interweaving online collaboration along with book talks and research.

Although our school is not yet 1:1 with the iPads, we are taking strides in that direction and hopefully will have iPads in the hands of every kid at Buffalo Grove High School next year.  However, I still do have that "old school" teacher part of me that fears that kids are going to get to the point where they do not know how to interact face to face.

I am one of the biggest proponents for more technology in the classroom, yet as a former English teacher I do want to ensure we do not substitute online communication for face to face discussion, but rather use the technological resources to ENHANCE the discussion and collaboration in the classroom.

Sorry for the short post!! On the run today!



No comments:

Post a Comment