Friday, October 31, 2014

Day 19 of my 30-Day Blogging Challenge for teachers from teachthought.com

Here is the link to the site with the 30-day challenge. 
http://www.teachthought.com/teaching/reflective-teaching-30-day-blogging-challenge-teachers/


Day 19:
I really didn't understand the question being asked on line, so I am just going to wing this one....and this one is going to be short.It's Friday :-)

It is times like this when I wish that I was more creative. I wish I read CNN enough to write something clever on ISIS or stir up something controversial about the Ebola "Outbreak." But the fact of the matter is that I don't worry about those things because......well, I don't have to. I know some of you are thinking that I sound like an uneducated, unworldly teacher from the suburbs that is just focused on his little bubble; and to be honest I cannot say that you would be wrong. However, as a teacher, it is really to easy to get caught in our own little bubbles and really not worry about anything other than what is happening in our schools or our classrooms. 



Still, I think that good teachers do tend to get "lost in their jobs" more than they realize, especially those (like myself) that leave the classroom and now have to view their buildings from a larger perspective. That being said, I guess I don't mind NOT knowing everything outside of my little bubble especially when it comes at the benefit of my school, the teachers and the kids. 






Read this article below for some interesting facts. 



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/09/oecd-teacher-salary-report_n_5791166.html










No comments:

Post a Comment